The RECI Working Group “Education in Emergencies” organised a hybrid workshop “Education in the development – humanitarian – peace (triple) nexus”:18 October 2022, 13-15 in Geneva (Geneva Global Hub for Education in Emergencies Workspace) and online.
After an introduction to the concept of the Triple Nexus and the role of education, Helpcode, World Vision Switzerland/Liechtenstein and Save the Children Switzerland presented programmatic experiences and drew conclusions for future measures with the participants.
- Welcome and Tour de Table, moderation by Dr. Oula Abu-Amsha – Expert in Online Learning and Education in Emergencies
- Introduction of the agenda and the speakers
- Introduction to the role of education in the concept of “triple nexus” by Sara Habibi-Clarke – Learning Solutions Specialist (UNITAR)
- Programmatic inputs followed by Q&A sessions
- Education programming in the Triple Nexus Area Programme Omugo in West Nile, Uganda by Samuel Olweny – Area Programme Manager in Uganda (World Vision)
- Peace education as a tool for putting the triple nexus in practice and build durable solutions in Mozambique, by Roberta Pellizzoli – Program ManagerMozambique (Helpcode)
- EiE & social cohesion project in Lebanon by Derya Kaygisiz – Education and Child Protection Specialist (Save The Children Switzerland)
- Group work
- Synthesis and Closing
- Joint Coffee and Sweets